This sweet and salty treat is the perfect flying reindeer fuel, a great snack for white chocolate lovers, and here at Chez Haiku, it’s a holiday favorite. It’s very customizable and yummy.
- 5 cups of Chex (we use a combo of Rice and Corn Chex)
- 2.5 cups of mini pretzels
- 1 cup of nuts (we use a combo of peanuts and fancy mixed nuts)
- .5 to 1 cup of dried fruit (we use raisins and dried cherries)
- One 10 oz bag of Ghirardelli white melting wafers (easier than using chips)
- Mini M&Ms (optional)
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl (This reusable container from Target was perfect and so easy to sneak a little bit when no one is looking.)
- Melt wafers using a double boiler or microwave (follow instructions on wafer bag)
- Carefully pour melted chocolate over the dry mix, stirring as you go.
- Spread the mix out on sheet pans lined with silicone mats, parchment paper or waxed paper. Let cool for about 25 minutes.
Return to your covered container to store, or better yet, eat some immediately!
What’s your holiday must-have? Reply and share your favorite holiday treats.